Sunday, July 7, 2013

June Book Haul

Hello blog readers!

I've got a a riddle for you. What has two thumbs, a book blog, and can't hold to book buying bans?

Yup, it's this girl. *points to self*

So, I broke my book buying ban last month and bought 3 books. There was no sale, no book store closing, no reason other than I was in a terrible mood and I thought book shopping endorphins would help. (side note: It did not. That's how bad of a mood I was in.)

The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker

If I hadn't spent as much on these three books as I spent on the 4 books last month and the 5 books the month before that, I would say I'm getting better. No such luck.

However, I realized I have been saving more money than I thought (and spending less money than I'd feared) so for now the book buying ban is officially off. At least for July, as Half Price Books is having another weeklong sale this week and I already bought 11 books there today. In my defense, 4 of those books were for other people, but 7 books is still a LOT of books. I probably will go back on the ban starting next week.

I'm off to finally write one of the many review posts I owe you guys. Have a great day!

Happy reading, 

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment