Monday, July 15, 2013

Booktube-a-thon: Day 1

I didn't get quite as much reading in as I'd hoped. I bought and downloaded Wuthering Heights written by Emily Bronte, read by Emma Messenger, off of Audible last night, but by the time I figured out how to burn them to CDs last night it was too late to do it then, and I didn't wake up early enough to do it before leaving for work, so there goes 1 hour of potential audiobook time. I did manage to burn all the parts onto CDs tonight, so I'll have it all set to go tomorrow. This is good because I really need an audiobook for tomorrow. I have a roller derby class for almost 2 hours, and I won't get home in time to do much before going to bed. However, I will get another forty minutes added to my commute, so that will help in getting through the audiobook.

I also started The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan, the first book in the Heroes of Olympus series. I just read 106 pages, bringing my total page count for day 1 to... 106 pages. OK, it was a slow start, but it's a lot for me. While I'm happy to be flying through this book so far (always good for a book-a-thon), I am a little worried to start an addicting but incomplete book series.

I don't think I'll finish The Lost Hero until Wednesday, but I'm not too worried since I'll be working my way through both this book and Wuthering Heights. That counts for something, right?

Happy reading,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment