Sunday, July 14, 2013

Booktube-a-thon!


I'm going to be participating in Booktube-a-thon! Even though I'm not a booktuber, I would like to be one eventually, and the only real requirement for participating is to read as much as you possibly can.

I won't be doing all of the challenges, but I'm going to try for most of them.

1. Read an average of 300 pages per day.
2. Read a book over 500 pages.
3. Reread a book.
4. Finish a series.
5. Read a book that's been on your shelf forever.
6. Listen to 1 audiobook.
7. Read a classic.



-Wuthering Heights audiobook - challenges 3, 6, and 7.
-The Ring of Solomon - challenges 4, 5.
-The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, and The Mark of Athena - challenge 2, 4.

I doubt I'll get to all of these, but I'll do more reading than I would have otherwise. You might notice that I'm not including any books I'm currently reading. None of them have turned out to be fast reads, otherwise I wouldn't still be reading them. Slower pacing isn't a bad thing for a book, but it certainly isn't a good thing for a book-a-thon.

Since I have a full-time job, I won't be following the booktubeathon hashtag on twitter or any of those challenges, but I'll do a super-short update every night on here to share how I'm doing.

Happy reading,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment