Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Reading Lightning Round: First and Last

In my entire conception of this project, I often wondered how no one had ever considered doing it before.

Now that the round is over, I know that it was doomed. DOOMED.

I did not reach the 1/2 point on any of the three books I started, though I did determine I very much enjoyed two of them. (I read the first chapter of Maze Runner first, and once I read the first chapters of the other books I felt too disconnected from Maze Runner to go back to it.) Partially this is due to the weekend becoming much more busy than originally anticipated, but the real culprit is the plain and simple fact that I cannot read an entire weekend reading anymore.

For instance, the latest book in the Lunar Chronicles, Fairest, was released yesterday. I had devoured  the first 2 books in the series, Cinder and Scarlet, within two days each. Cress, on the other hand, took me nearly a week. And while I managed to read the 6 books in the Vampire Academy series over the course of 2 weeks last year, that was the only time all year I managed to start and finish a book within a weekend. I had several other reading binges throughout the year, but they all took place over 3-4 days, usually work days instead of on the weekends.

Now that I know the Reading Lightning Round is not going to work in its current format, I'm going to focus on reducing my TBR by reading more (and maybe figure out a better method for the Lightning Rounds).

No comments:

Post a Comment