Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New Year, New Blog

One thing I failed to mention in my 2014 review post was my blogging. To sum up, it was terrible. I completely fell off the wagon, time and time again. But I did learn a lot of things about myself as a blogger, and what I want for this blog.

  • 3 posts a week is way too much for me.
  • I don't want to be a big-time book blogger. I want to geek out about the books I want, without keeping to a super demanding schedule and feeling constricted by rigid expectations. 

So, now that I've taken potential fame and notoriety off the table (haha like that was actually going to happen), I can focus more on having fun with this blog. I'm going to aim for 1 post a week about whatever I want, without designating certain topics on different days.

As I mentioned in my last post, I am participating in the GoodRead's Annual Reading Challenge again (aiming for 50 again), but that's not the only challenge I will be doing. There are several read-a-thons that are going on, and I plan to participate in one of them this year (IDK which one yet, I'll update you as soon as I know). There is also a challenge to reduce your TBR by 2016, known as #0by16. I won't be sticking too strictly to that one, but you can expect a another post in the near future to discuss my plans to reduce my TBR list.

Happy 2015! Here's to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment