Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Reading Lightning Round #1

I have the super unexciting responsibility to watch my sister's dog this weekend. However, this means I  will have a ton of time for reading, which means I'll be doing my first Reading Lightning Round of the year!

To recap, the Reading Lightning Round is basically a read-a-thon where the TBR is set in stone and any books less than halfway read must be given away.

Beginning on Friday evening, January 23, I will read the first chapter of three pre-determined books. I will read as much as I want for the rest of the weekend. I am not obligated to continue reading any of them, so they must compete for my attention. By the time I go to sleep on Sunday, January 25th, the books reaching at least the halfway point are declared the winners and the rest are declared the losers. The winners will be added to my permanent book collection shelf and my list of 2015 reads, and the losers will be added to the donate pile.

This month's theme* is Dystopian Novels. And the contestants are:


  1. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
  2. The Maze Runner by James Dashner and
  3. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness


*I won't always do themes, but I want to read dystopians right now, so putting other genres on the list would only set them up for failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment