Friday, October 3, 2014

Book Buzz: The Blood of Olympus

It's been a busy few weeks here on the blog. I've barely had time to recover from the end of the Lynburn Legacy, and it's already nearly time for the last book in the Heroes of Olympus series.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, the Heroes of Olympus (HoO) series is a best-selling YA fantasy series by Rick Riordan. It is a spin-off from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians middle grade series. Both of these series are such addicting reads. I really believe they are the 'Harry Potter' of this generation. The last book in the Heroes of Olympus series, Blood of Olympus, comes out on October 7, next Tuesday. I won't put a blurb of it here, as it will spoil people (myself included), but I will put the dust jacket blurb for the first book in the original series, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief.

Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school... again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus' master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect. Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus' stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.

I'm still two books behind in the series, and the HoO books are all over 500 pages, so I've got a lot of catching up to do. I also want to binge read this series, rereading books 1 and 2 before reading the 3-5, which means I won't be getting to Blood of Olympus for at least two weeks. Since I'll be avoiding the internet like the plague until I'm caught up (MUST AVOID SPOILERS!), I will have my posts written this weekend and scheduled to post on the current Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment