Monday, September 29, 2014

Book Series Review: The Lynburn Legacy (Unspoken, Untold, and Unmade) by Sarah Rees Brennan

Due to the stomach bug making its way through my family, I didn't make any posts last week. But I'm going to try to make it up to you by doubling up on posts this week. So here's the first of today's two reviews. I hope you enjoy!


Last Tuesday, one of my most anticipated books of the year was released. The Lynburn Legacy was one of the few book series I found out about right after book one was released, and I really enjoyed waiting for sequel releases, and then immediately buying and reading the sequels. While I agree that some series require binge reading (Vampire Academy, I'm looking at you), I love the opportunity that the breaks between books give me and other fans to anticipate the sequels and express that excitement through fan art or fan fiction or fan mixes. While The Lynburn Legacy doesn't have as large of the fan base as a lot of other book fandoms, the fans are so dedicated to the series, and it makes me so happy to find new people who have also heard of and love this series.

The Lynburn Legacy trilogy is a gothic mystery series with fantasy elements. It is my favorite series by Sarah Rees Brennan, and I have already reread the first two books in the series, and plan on rereading all three books again in the future.
  • Addicting: 10/10
  • Originality: 10/10
  • Suspense: 10/10
  • Funny: 10/10
  • Romance: 10/10
  • Overall rating: 50/50
Pick up this trilogy if you like
  • YA mysteries
  • Spunky protagonists
  • Awesome female friends
  • Jokes
  • Siblings relationships
Skip this book if you hate
  • Plots hinged on miscommunications
I realize that I am biased, but I really think everyone who likes YA books would love this book series. Unfortunately, since it is a lesser known series, it might not be available at your local bookstore, but you can always order online, or request that your local bookstore order a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment