Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year, Same Blog

Hello and happy new year!

I'm sorry about the long hiatus and the lack of posts, the reasons for which are long and boring, but I'm back so let's move onto the important stuff: BOOKS (of course)

I aimed to read 30 books in 2013 (and I only read 26 books on Goodreads, 3 of which were prequel stories and 1 was a comic book style and length graphic novel). This year my Goodreads goal is to read 25 books, with a personal goal of reaching that by July and upping it to 50 books.

I also had a poor completion versus started ratio this year. There are 12 books I started reading in 2013 that I still haven't finished. A few of these I only read a few pages before deciding I wasn't in the right mood for, while some of them were books I was really enjoying but had to put down because of life and then got too much space from them to immerse myself again.

In 2014, I aim to fix this by focusing on reading books I'm really excited about instead of ones I'm 'getting out of the way'. It doesn't make sense to read books I'm not enjoying, due to being in the wrong frame of mind, for entertainment.

For this reason, I reorganized my TBR bookshelf, putting the books I'm most excited about right across from where my face is when I'm laying in bed (aka the books I see most often).

That's all for now, stay tuned for a quick review of the books I read in 2013!

Happy reading,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment